QDOAS user interface - O4 retrieval from OMI (AURA)
QDOAS is a cross-platform application which performs DOAS retrievals
of trace gases from spectral measurements (satellite, ground-based,
mobile or aircraft-based instruments). The software is available for
Windows, Linux and Mac OS operating systems.
The software evolves along with the measurement techniques and DOAS
research, and has been extensively validated in different campaigns
and algorithm comparisons. The friendly user interface, flexibility
and the robustness of the algorithms largely contribute to QDOAS'
success in the world.
To use the software, please register first. QDOAS is free and open source software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPLv2). Please mention the authors in the acknowledgements when publishing results obtained using QDOAS.
Latest release : 3.2, 12 September 2017
QDOAS User Manual
About the package
QDOAS consists of five independent executables:
the user interface:
- The main components of the Graphical User Interface are organized in multi-page panels with a fixed arrangement and tab-switched access to the authors different pages (configuration project/analysis property sheets, fitting results).
- QDOAS User Manual applications are based on projects organized in a tree structure;
- Export plots as png or jpg, or export plot data as a CSV file.
- a powerful convolution tool:
- supports standard and I0-corrected convolutions;
- allows creating an effective slit function, taking into account the finite resolution of the source spectrum (using a FT deconvolution method);
- supports a large number of line shapes (including asymmetric line shapes and wavelength dependent line shapes);
- a tool to calculate Ring effect cross sections (Rotational Raman Scattering approach);
- a tool to generate undersampling cross sections;
- a command line tool
This tool can be used to process large numbers of files in a
batch. It can be used with qdoas, convolution, ring and usamp
configuration files (xml format).
- Supports a large number of spectrum file formats:
- Satellites : GOME2, SCIAMACHY (ENVISAT), OMI (AURA);
- Ground-based : SAOZ, MFC (binary and std) generated by DOASIS, ...;
- DOAS/intensity fitting modes;
- Wavelength calibration and instrumental slit function characterization using a Non-Linear Least Squares fitting approach where measured intensities are fitted to a high resolution solar spectrum degraded to the resolution of the instrument. Possibility to correct for atmospheric absorption and Ring effect or to add a step where the shift is previously approximated by correlation;
- automatic reference selection from the input spectra file taking account for specificities for satellites or MAXDOAS measurements (SZA or scans);
- The output is fully configurable. Analysis results and various data related to the measurements can be saved to ASCII, HDF-EOS5 or netCDF files.
Please refer to the user manual for a complete overview.